photos: Yannis Drakoulidis
Mushrooms my little favorites..
hidden under leaves, wet from the autumn rain, small living organisms, they are not plants, they are fungi that more often look like umbrellas.
There is a great variety of mushrooms, and many species appear overnight, growing or expanding rapidly.
At 90% consisting of water, and the remaining 10 % of carbohydrates and proteins, which, in quality, are almost comparable to the animal.
They have strong, medicinal properties, and old wizards and witches used them routinely in their magic filters : spells, remedies, poisons.
In Greece we can find around two thousand species of mushrooms, most not eatable.
However, considered delicacies and some species of mushrooms are food just for immortals.